Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chet is coming! And I'm a Junior!!!

For those of you who haven't heard yet, my nephew Chet Dean Odgers (named after both Brooke and Josh's beloved grandpas who have passed away) will be arriving in the world shortly! Obviously I am really bummed I am missing the birth, but I couldn't be more excited to come home to him!! The time change is a huge bummer and I found out my sister is in the beginnings of labor way after it had started. Her water has not broken and she hasn't had regular contractions so he's not coming right now, but he should be here in the next day or so as she was 3-4 CM and 80% effaced yesterday. Praise the LORD my Mom is coming home today (Sunday) from a wedding in Michigan because Brooke wouldn't have had either of us there to be her coach!

For more details she has a blog (theodgersfamily.blogspot.com) and there you can see her Twitter updates below her picture where she updates regularly. Chances are, with me leaving Monday morning for High Africa where there is no internet and not getting any until Thursday, you all will know much more than I do. Hopefully we can work things out so I find out when he is born!!



In other news, I am DONE with this semester and can now happily proclaim that I am a Junior in college! Wow, where has time GONE!?? I can't believe that I only have 3 semesters left!!! But it also makes me very excited :) My latest career I'm pursuing is Wedding Planning. So I'm excited to see if that takes me anywhere :) I figured being in Africa would make me want to turn my life around and go into Social Work or the Peace Corps but I actually have been more affirmed with being in Business and pursuing things along that road.

I am beyond ready to be home again. With classes done and my bags packed all that's left for me to do is TRAVEL! But I must wait :) High Africa (our little debriefing retreat) is going to be a really fun time and I will be home soon enough :)

Last night I figured out that to switch back to US time I have to first stay up for a long time and then sleep what for me is 8am-5pm on the plane. I would appreciate your prayers as I travel and try to adjust as I tend to get sick/ulcers when I have lack of sleep and am eating weird traveling food/stressed. Ha! Sooooo it seems like these next few days have me doomed but God is bigger than that, yes? So let's pray I feel good!!! :)

Thanks guys. Can't wait to post if I have the chance when Chet is born!!!! :) :) :) If not I'll post when I'm back in the States!! Oh, and I'm assuming it goes without being said that I am BEYOND excited to see Jeremy!!!!!! We're going crazy... it's about time I had that man present in my life again!!! :)

With love from Africa,
Paige

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to talk to you this morning. Maybe, Chet will hang on for you too! Give Jeremy a hug for me when you see him. Can't wait to see you both!

Hugs, B