Monday, March 1, 2010

44 Reasons I LOVE my Birthday Girl!

That's my MOMMA! :) (Sorry to subtly reveal your age...)

1. She's thoughtful.
2. She's HILARIOUS!
3. She's soft.
4. She loves a clean house.
5. She's beautiful.
6. She loves Iced Tea.
7. She loves my daddy. (Flashback to her Prom. Yes, that's my dad!)
8. She didn't ever leave me when I threw up. (I was scared). Even if she was gagging along with me.
9. She is feisty. You don't mess with this ninja!
10. My most often and favorite memory of her is reading her bible, tea in hand, blue or pink robe in the morning.
11. She puts Bible verses all over the house.
12. She laughs troubles away.
13. She is very intelligent.
14. and is very humble.
15. She loves everyone. Yes, everyone.
16. She will gasp louder than anyone when she sees a beautiful sunset. And not even care that her gasp almost made you crash, because she is still so focused on the sunset!
17. Loves trees in the fall.
18. Long walks after dinner.
19. She doesn't force her opinion on others. Even when it's right.
20. She gives and gives and gives...
21. She makes a FAB Christmas tree.
22. She knows everyone's name at church. And their story. And their families stories.
23. She can read the feel of a room like no other and is somehow able to make it more positive and welcoming.
24. Remedy for a bad day: long hot shower and a nap.
25. Laughed harder than anyone I know at Napoleon Dynamite and Baby Mama.
26. Saver of money. Splurger of Hot Tamales.
27. You can't beat her steak and potatoes. OR caesar salad.
28. She makes red velvet cake just for dad.
29. She makes the birthday WEEK special.
30. She doodles when she is on the phone.
31. Ordained minister, mother, pastor, grammy, wife, daughter, sister and friend? Yep.
32. Decorates beautifully.
33. Hilarious story teller.
34. Faithful friend.


35. Loves to tan. Loves to be tan.
36. Will stop and smell the roses. (But doesn't trample the pansies... ;))
37. Godly advice always is on the tip of her tongue.
38. Big soft fluffy towels. Long baths to escape.
39. Singing "Silent Night" every night and tickling my back until I fell asleep.
40. Supporter of my passions.
41. Reader. Reader's Digest. Good House Keeping. Bible. Beth Moore.
42. Soft PJs. Soft sheets. Soft soft soft.
43. Egyptian traveler. Future world traveler with Paige & Jeremy.
44. My best friend.

Happy birthday Momma!!! Those descriptions only begin to describe the amazing woman who you are to me and to countless others.

I love you!!!!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

A beautiful tribute! I was sad when I got to 44 -- can't wait until she turns 80! I would add my own by saying "she raised her two daughters to include her beauty.

LizRice said...

a most accurate and beautiful tribute to my beautiful friend. I love her so, and am so thankful for her, and her 44 marvelous attributes (I'm gonna get busy, and come up with 44 more, cuz you KNOW she has em').

thanks for sharing Paige!

Anonymous said...

That is so your Mama! So glad she is in our family!

Barbie

Anonymous said...

SO dang sweet, Paige! I LOVE #23 and I can totally tell that about her!
Love Rhonnie

Cathy said...

# 34!!!!

And #35 :-D

Cathy Egan