Everyone thinks they're alone.
She thinks that everyone else is starting their careers, but she's in limbo.
She thinks that everyone knows what they want to do in life, but she is confused.
She thinks that everyone has a ton of friends around, but she's alone.
She thinks that everyone has it together, but she's an emotional wreck.
She thinks that everyone else is living in an awesome city, but hers is underwhelming.
She thinks that everyone else's relationships are easy, but hers is a lot of work.
She thinks that everyone is a step ahead of her, and she's just lagging behind.
She thinks that everyone else is confident, but she feels small.
I finally have to put a stop to this madness! And it's not because my friends are going crazy and I'm sane. It's because we're all going a little bit crazy!
Every girlfriend I talk to has been facing a combination of the above list.
And last night, I was going CRAZY with the thought of #2!
But we're not behind everyone else. We're not the last one.
We're not the only ones confused, under-confident, excited and worried.
And I think if we all realized we're not the only ones, then we wouldn't feel so ashamed by not having it all together. We'd feel OK to live in the chaos of life and figure life out piece by piece.
So this is for you, my post-grad friend.
You don't know what the heck you're doing. Welcome to the club :)
With love from Pleasanton (not the coolest city on earth),
Paige

1 comments:
Living with a post-grad- I have seen reflections of all of the above. You hit it spot-on and I had to chuckle. Your path will be revealed- yes- it takes time! and then- WOW- there it is before you and you just walk! Have you heard the song "Twenty-Something"?
Post a Comment