Monday, September 29, 2008

Love.

Hello:)

I haven't written in a while, my appologies. School has been crazy busy and my life here at APU is flying by! This last week I felt alive again. Some amazing guys from the Dominican Republic came to APU. My good friend Kalie had worked with them while she was down there working with a medical clinic. Almost all of the guys are translators between the doctors or medical teams and the people. And I learned a lot from them. They don't take their resources for granted. They never complain when they are given food or say that they are hungry. They know hungry. They see suffering. They find joy where ever they are. And I felt like they had pumped life into my day to day wandering.

I feel like I have been struggling spiritually this semester. I am taking three amazing Bible classes. One I feel like has handed me the Bible in pieces and I need to reconstruct all of my former views and foundations on what I rest my faith on. That same class makes me feel as if I have no idea who God is. The other class I feel like my own calling has been challenged. That teacher is old and wise. I feel as though each week I'm hit with wisdom beyond my understanding and I am left trying to examine myself and my life... bewildered. And the last class, although it teaches some doctrine and theology, focuses on teh love of Jesus. Without this class I don't know how I'd still be standing. Because even though I am questioning everything for the first time.. at the same time.. I feel as if I can stand on the one truth I know. The one thing that hasn't been ripped apart by scholars and mutated into something else.. God is Love. And God calls us to love Him and our neighbor.

So, I realize I know nothing. I am identifiying myself with being like a "sheep without the shephard" wandering around in this thing called life, trying to do my best with my walnut sized brain. But I do know that I am called to love. And for now, that's good for me.

With love,
Paige

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great insight, Paige! Hang in there- you will come out stronger than ever!
Love you!
mom

Anonymous said...

You keep your chinny up, Babe. The Lord is with you. I love you and have faith He will see you through this rough time.
Grandma Dean

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have this opportunity to gain all this new information about God and how He fits into your life. I can't wait to see the amazing wonders He is going to perform in your life as you seek His Will for your life. Don't despair....this is happening at the exact moment in your life that it was intended. You are awesome!
Hugs, Barbie

Michael said...

Love you Paigie. You're awesome.

I know this, every time I've faced a crisis or question in my faith God has used it to show me something greater about Himself.

One thing too, relationship, realtionship, relationship. Don't trade academic insight for intimate connection. Don't let your studies suffice for your "God-time". Anyway, like I said, love you.