Sunday, April 5, 2009

"What are you doing? You girls are so weird"

(Quote from Uncle Dave :))
Random events that have happened these past few days!

-Accidently flashed some people at lunch Sunday when someone sat on my dress and I stood up. Luckily only girls saw. Awwwwkward!
-Got a temporary tattoo. It's classy looking. And yes, that's a ying yang and dragon.


-Slept in on Sunday! SO great!!!!
-Listened to Dad's sermon of last week :) Loved it!!
-Saturday went to the beach in Durban for the last time :( :( :( Bought two CUTE skirts from an Indian shop!!! One can be a dress too. It's the flashing dress. :O



-Had SUCH a fun time in Durban! I love this group :)
-Organized ALL my photos of SA! Made a "Favorites of SA" folder. Edited a TON! Moved all the videos I have into a separate folder. Chose which ones are going on Facebook.
-This was all so I didn't have to do my homework. Finals are this next week Tues and Wed and I couldn't be less excited! After not doing homework for a month this feels like torture! Plus it's PERFECT weather here!!! Who wants to read all 4 gospels and make a history presentation when you could be tanning?!? (That makes me sound anti-God... I'm not. Reading isn't social and it's hard for me to focus and do! Don't worry Mom, I'll do my homework... now.)
-Friday had our last Community Engagement and Francis, our instructor, flew back to Kenya. We presented about our service sites and what we have learned, what our challenges were, what we would recommend for the next group, etc. Each group really had an awesome presentation!
-Friday night some girls and I went for (probably) our last time to the Keg and got dessert/food that's SO not good for you but delicious!


-Friday night after the Keg, Ashleigh and I decided to dress up like "Uncle Dave" (what the kids called Dave in our group at Gateway) and make a video making fun of his quirks that were SO evident in the video we had shown in class! We had SO MUCH FUN! Laughed so so so hard. He did too :)

Us with the real Uncle Dave when we went to show off our cool clothes and videos :)


-Thursday was our last day at service sites and it was pretty hard to go... the kids had a fun day at school since the next day they started their spring break. It was like our "field days" at school... they didn't have to wear their uniforms, played games, got to watch movies :) Esther House was hard to leave since we have become so attached to the women and babies! It was especially hard for me to leave those kids... ah..


-I'm cutting back on sweets. Big time.
-I've been going on walks with people. It's so beautiful... hard to leave this lush, green palace!

And I'm seriously having the most amazing time here! It's always hard to miss home, but if I have to be away I'm SO glad I am here! Our group is so much FUN! I am having such a great time! Learning so much, being so stretched, gettin' a tan:)... ah :) I can't WAIT for what's to come next!!!!!:
-This is our last week in Pietermaritzburg!!!!!
-Saturday we start our trek until Tuesday to Cape Town! We're stopping at excursions, some people are bungee jumping (not me), but I get to do a zipline and walk across a cord or something... and then we are in Cape Town and start classes on Wednesday! Every other wday we have either a class or excursion and Sunday's we have church.
-I don't think Skype is possible in Cape Town, from what I've heard. But when I'm at the school I can email :)

Then we leave on May 6th and land in LAX on May 7th!! :):)
4 1/2 weeks :)

With love from sunny SA,
Paigie

2 comments:

Laurie J. said...

ay yi yi! All I can think about it that you need to study! :/
mom

Anonymous said...

Study Paigie, Study! You are looking great. Can't wait to see you.

Barbie