Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm fixed!!!!

HELLO!!!!

Oh what a glorious morning! I went to the doctor since I just finished my antibiotics. Here's what I was told:

-I had gotten a parasite in SA and my antibiotics given to me should have cleared it out by now.
-My Vitamin D count was at 8 when it should be at 80 so I am on double doses of those pills for the next 3 months then go on a normal dose. She said I probably have been very fatigued due to this and will be surprised how awake I feel! 
-I need more Vitamin C, thus I will be buying a supplement today.
-I am not having a yogurt a day (which I guess 'a yogurt a day keeps the doctor away'?) because I don't digest it well so she gave me a probiotic pill which is the same thing yogurt gives you minus the dairy side effects.
-I am actually not allergic to milk! She said my body just doesn't digest it well.
-I'm not allergic to fish either... well she said shrimp. Crud! I have to call about that one. Either way: I think I most definitely have a taste aversion to fish and will happily never eat it again! 

Such a RELIEF to now only be taking natural vitamins rather than pills! My allergy medicine is working great for my lungs so I'm lookin' good!

Some other exciting news: I've changed my major! 
And I'm STILL graduating a semester early!!!

So, some of you may know the frustration I have had with really not enjoying my business courses. The reason I was sticking them out was to one day be qualified to work in a business setting, if that's what I ended up doing! When studying for the Information Systems test I was going to take, I got really fed up with putting so much time and money into a major that I am 1) not good at and 2) don't enjoy! I am a good student and this major just makes me feel stupid! 

So I got home and after some tears and talking to my parents and sister we made a list of things that I may what to be/do in life:
-Human Resources
-Public Relations
-Secretarial Work
-Teaching
-Working in a church's Women's Ministry/Missions Ministry

Now, I know that Business is a wonderful major, but I have decided that with Interpersonal and Organizational Communications I can be qualified for the same jobs I would have wanted to do with my Business degree. I know that I may not be as qualified because Business has the reputation of being a more rigorous program, but I really think this is the best decision for me and know things will work out in the end! Plus, now when I look at my class list I am thrilled rather than dreadful! So funny because when Jeremy looked at it he thought those sounded awful :) To each his own! 

So those are my updates! I cancelled my CLEP tests (which I wasn't prepared for anyways), changed my class & work schedule for the Fall, am possibly going to take an Online English Literature class if I can somehow get into it (I'm 18th on the waiting list so I'm not thinking that's probable). Gosh did Jeremy and I have a lot to talk about on our Skype date last night! Ha!! 

I am so refreshed too. So that feels great!! Oh here's a pic from my Country Dancing last week!!
Today after a run Evie came into my room as I was doing some exercises and laid down on the floor and tried to do them with me! Gosh she is so CUTE! I'm loving hanging out with her! This really is the most fun age :)Here's us in the pool:

With love from my bedroom in Sacramento,
Paige

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm excited for you in your class/degree decisions. Now English literature would not be my first choice, but good for you! You know I took 4 semesters of calculus just because I like numbers. As you say, each to his/her own! Good job! Enjoy Starbucks today

Paige said...

Oh gosh, English Literature isn't my major!! It's just a class I have to take to graduate!!! No way, Jose! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige! I don't know how to get a hold of you since I JUST finally got a phone again.. new number: 916-749-9938

and you don't use facebook anymore... but let's go to lunch sometime this week or something! text/call me :)