The woos: This weekend I had an ammmmazing bridal shower! I am so, so blessed to have gotten pampered by Melinda Delahooke, Jacquie Aufhammer and Mindy Robinson, dear friends of the Aarons. The lunch was to die for (and handmade!).
Every detail was thought of:
Grilled chicken panini with roasted red bell peppers, cheese and pesto, a butternut squash soup with hot chili oil, and delicious Gorgonzola cheese and some sort of seed salad. Delightful. :)
It was so fun to have such a variety of people I know in one place! I rarely get the Aaron family & friends and my college friends & mom in one spot. It was really nice to be able to have everyone meet an mingle! Not to mention open fabulous and thoughtful gifts!!
My momma:
Aaron women:
Gifts:
It was SO great for my mom to be able to be down here this weekend!! We both stayed at the Aaron's house and spent time with Bill, Mary, Liz & Jeremy, and others hanging out, eating great food, and finishing INVITATIONS!!! I looove them and am so happy with the way they turned out!!! My gracious friend Abby McLellan designed, printed and cut them for Jeremy and I. She has been SUCH a life saver & so generous of her precious time and resources! They will be in the mail soon. Makes the wedding a reality that it's quickly approaching!! :)
8 weeks and 4 days you were curious ;)
This week is filled with the normal work load, life, a few added tests, and wedding preparations.
Today I began getting my resume ready for El Centro! Soon starting to apply for bid kid jobs. :) Favorite part: the idea. Least favorite part: the work it takes to scrutinize a resume! Good thing I have Jeremy!
Trying to stay focused on the things that are really important in life and letting go those that are not. Focusing on advancing the Lord's kingdom in whatever that means. Learning to be faithful. Devout. Giving God my best, not my leftovers. Giving him time.
Also a HUGE wonderful and amazing thing: my Freshman roommate and wonderful friend and bridesmaid Becca got into Teach For America! It is highly competitive and she ROCKED her interviews and got placed in Mississippi Delta teaching secondary mathematics!! I'm so proud of her and can't wait to visit her in the south!!!
With love from the coffee shop at APU (where Jer and I met. Ahhh!),
Paige
1 comments:
Thanks for the wonderful update. Love your jacket in the pic with Becca. Your shower looked fab!
Barbie
Post a Comment