Monday, November 29, 2010

Oh the weather outside is... delightful!

Hello friends and family!

Jeremy and I spent a wonderful Thanksgiving break with my family in Sacramento! It was a great time to be with them all and get geared up for Christmas!! So thankful for times at home :) :) Life is going by real quick! Do you agree? I can't believe in 3 weeks I'll be a college grad, 6 weeks Jeremy and I will be getting married and transitioning to our new life in El Centro! Yey!

My prayer is that in these next three weeks I can cherish every moment. Never again will I be in classes and work at APU, surrounded by the friends I am with on a daily basis. I feel sentimental as I think about my time at APU and how I am different because of it. I have l.o.v.e.d. these last 3 1/2 years and am so, so, sooo extremely thankful.


Something I'm also so thankful for is the peace from the Lord I have about getting married/moving/getting a new job/etc. Usually I'd be stressed about something, worried about another, and preparing like a mad woman. And I'm not. At all. I have literally not one worry in my bones. I am so assured that the Lord has this under control. I'm just moving one foot in front of the other, getting ready and looking forward to what he will bring!

Already the things I have prayed for urgently have been covered. I prayed for a church and a friend. I'm not even in El Centro yet and a man from my home church has a son who lives in El Centro and invited Jeremy and I to his young marrieds group. Who knows if we'll end up attending regularly, but the things I've even been wondering about I'm not even spending time thinking about. It will be good. I'm sure of it.

Life has been hard, really hard, for so many people I'm around. Totaled cars, job losses, court dates, overdue fees, unhappiness, crappy family situations, debt, depression, anxiety, fear... just to name a few.

I pray that we can keep a kingdom perspective throughout all of this... aka remember who God is and our role in this life. The Lord recognizes or struggles, sympathizes with our weaknesses, but often does not take them away. As we try to walk through the muddy, sticky path of life, let's remind each other of our real purpose: to further the kingdom of God, all the time, in any way possible. It will take courage, trust, optimism, faith... but it's really the only way we will find fulfillment or purpose in living life in the midst of unfortunate circumstances, I think.

:)

Some upcoming, exciting events:
December 18- Graduation! Then home to Sac.
Dec 25- Duh! Christmas!
Dec 31- Kalie's wedding
January 8- Our Wedding
January 9-15- Puert0 Vallarta!
January 15- Move to El Centro
To be continued... :)

With love from "The Well" (aka my home),
Paige

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As we try to walk through the muddy, sticky path of life, let's remind each other of our real purpose: to further the kingdom of God, all the time, in any way possible. It will take courage, trust, optimism, faith... but it's really the only way we will find fulfillment or purpose in living life in the midst of unfortunate circumstances..."

Well said, little one! :) You make a momma proud.

Anonymous said...

What your Mom said.....

Barbie