Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Housewife Life Musings


Since I've been a housewife, you know, for a week, I've had a lot of little tidbits I've picked up.

Although I've lived "on my own" for four years, college seems to be a little different. Especially when you have the CLEANEST roommates of all time! Becca and Corinne put Martha Stewart to shame on how clean they keep a home. Although I contributed, they were always one step ahead of me.

Now, Jeremy is a clean person. Actually, clutter and dust seem to bother him more than it does me. (Little thing I learned this week). But since I've assumed the housewife life (I like the rhyme) I have been bestowed the Crown of Cleanliness.

Things I have learned:
  • Pigeon Feathers are a beast to pick up. They're small and fluffy and roll at the speed of light when the wind blows. (When we open our door they come in with us). Note to self: sweep the pigeon feathers outside.
  • Having a fly in the house is worse than driving behind a bad driver. It's in the shower. Hovering while you're eating. It disturbs the zen of my life. Thank you to Gma Viki for our swatter. Note to self: buy a venus fly trap.
  • Spaghetti sauce stains Tupperware. Our nice, sparkling, new, clear Tupperware (thanks Cronin fam!) is orange :( Note to self: buy crappy Tupperware for sauce storage. Bleach stained Tupperware.
  • The second you get married, everyone thinks you're having a baby. Especially in El Centro where it seems to be the norm! Babies abound here! I think El Centro produces the CUTEST babies in this world, by the way. Note to self: have a baby in El Centro. Wait...
  • Naming appliances makes using them much more fun. Example: "Rosa and I are going to make some cookies." Note to self: Name the blender and toaster. And make cookies with Rosa.
  • Self-motivation is key. Nothing gets done on it's own! Note to self: get self-motivation.
Well, folks, that's it for this week's musings on the Housewife Life.

With love from El Centro,
Paige... and Rosa;)

2 comments:

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Clever post. Love it!! and Love you!! ~Jerolyn

Brooke said...

That pidgeon picture made me CRACK up! So funny!

And I can't believe you didn't register for the tomato resistant tupperware- that was actually HOW I selected mine, LOL! That was the one requirement. I just googled how to remove the stains (if you're going to be a pro-housewife than you and google WILL be best friends) and one solution I found for removing those stains is to soak them in Tang! Weird, even the poster acknowledges how weird it is, but she says it works. Give it a try and let me know the results!