Thursday, September 8, 2011

Veggies Made Easy

In my quest for new ways to eat veggies I've found the easiest way (besides eating them raw)! Takes about 12 minutes from fridge to stomach.



For asparagus, zucchini or squash:
Preheat oven to 350ish
Slice zucchini or squash in long, 1/4 inch slices or spears, as shown below:
(P.S. if you don't really like veggies I'd do strips)


Brush on olive oil
Add pepper, salt/garlic salt, and parmesan cheese
Put in oven for about 10 minutes
(If you have a giant squash like I do, I'd do about 12 minutes)
Eat while hot. Cold-supposed-to-be-hot veggies are ick!

Ta da!

I just ate a plate of them. Yummmm :)

With love from Pleasanton,
Paige

What's your favorite easy veggie recipe?? If it's something involving green beans you could be my favorite person... ever.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I just put a little bit of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and then put in fresh green beans! I sprinkle some garlic salt over them as they cook and they are my favorite! I even got my green bean hating mom to love them :).

Anonymous said...

for my fresh green beans I blanch them and then toss in a skillet with evoo, fresh garlic, some crushed red pepper, and lemon zest. Just toss around a bit 5-6 mins. YUM!

Emily K said...

Pretty much along the same lines as the other two posts, i love even just steaming(microwaving) the frozen green beans and then chopping up a clove of garlic and tossing it in. Then I add fresh lemon juice to taste. I love my green beans this way!