What a great week I have had! Jeremy's brother's wedding was beautiful! His wife Traci is the sweetest thing- so thoughtful of everyone involved and made each person feel so special. I was her personal attendant for the day and had such a great time being in the buzz of the backstage before the wedding! The wedding was in Long Beach, CA at Traci's church which was smaller and so beautiful. The reception was about 30 minutes away at a fancy restaurant that overlooked the city of LA. Gorgeous!!! We got there at sunset and watching the sun go down and the city lights come up was fantastic!
The weekend was great not just because of the wedding itself but the family that it brought in! Mrs. Aaron is one of eight kids and her siblings were all there for the event! I had already got to meet a lot of the family from different visits and my trip to Minnesota, but this trip I got to finally meet the rest! Their family is very similar to mine- fun, loving, hilarious and go with the flow! So having the approx. 40 people including cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents all around felt just like home. Couldn't have asked for a better time! Only wish we could have all hung out even longer!!
I flew in on Tuesday evening and Jeremy picked me up from the airport. It had been a month since we'd seen each other in Minnesota so we were both so excited to be with each other again! We went to his house and hung out with the family that night.
On Wednesday many family members flew in so we took a trip to LAX to pick some of them up and by the time Wednesday night rolled around everyone was in! The Aarons treated all the girls to pedicures which was so gracious of them! We had many Starbucks runs and just hanging out.
Thursday was the day of the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner at B.J.'s Restaurant (which is DELICIOUS!) We had all you can eat appatisers, a huge variety of their famous pizza and pizookies (which are giant freshly baked cookies with piles of ice cream on top! Yum!!).
Friday was wedding day!!! Liz, Jeremy's sister, and I got ready and were the first ones out of the house at 12:30 to go down to the church. She was a bridesmaid and I was the personal attendant so it worked out well for us to drive together! It took about 45 minutes and we had a fun time together on our way down.
Once we got there we were swept up in the wedding buzz! Snacks, getting dresses fitted, helping Traci get her dress on, organizing things, and getting ready for pictures! Josh and Traci decided not to see each other until the walk down the aisle so the girls and guys separately went to a park down the street for pictures (which will be BEAUTIFUL!).
I went up to the guys' room to tell them they were almost ready for "show time" and they were all sitting on these little chairs! Cracked me up!!! Had to include this pic:
Then more people started showing up including all of the family and eventually the guests! The families took their separate pictures and everyone looked so handsome! Including Jeremy of course!!! :) We got to get some great pictures together too :)
Before I knew it the wedding started! Actually- I almost missed walking in the doors and getting IN to the sanctuary before the processional! I didn't have the best view of Traci walking down the aisle- but seeing Josh's face made my heart melt. He couldn't have been happier and we could all tell he was in awe of how beautiful she looked! His grandpa Kurt officiated the ceremony and did a wonderful job.
The ceremony went wonderfully. No flaws what-so-ever! Parents lit the unity candles, communion was taken, prayed together, exchange of vows, beautiful soloist, and the pronouncement of Mr. & Mrs. Joshua and Traci Aaron! Not to forget the "you may kiss your bride" which always is my favorite part!
After that Josh & Traci had a grand exit where we all threw up rose pedals. So pretty!!
Then it was time for family pictures inside the church while people headed to the reception and some bridal party pictures all together!
Then we all headed over to the reception hall and had a wonderful night of dancing and chatting! Their DJ was a very, very good DJ (which as many of you know can make a big difference!) and the wedding just flowed beautifully. Mrs. Aaron looked stunning and her dance with Josh was so sweet. They had a photobooth outside where people could take pictures and leave one copy for Josh & Traci's guest book which was such a fun idea! I had a great time dancing with Jeremy as well as some of his girl cousins- rockin' out to the electric slide!
Other highlights of the reception were the slideshow Mr. Aaron put together for Josh and Traci as well as Jeremy's speech. For the slide show I know it must have taken hours beyond hours because the pictures flowed together so well and actually lined up with the words to the song! (Ex. if the song said "sunset" the pic was of them in front of a sunset). Jeremy's speech was the first thing of the entire reception- and as he was a little surprised to be opening up the reception unexpectedly- he really did a wonderful job looking back on his life growing up with Josh and welcoming Traci into the family. A+ to Josh's best man :)
After the bride & groom had driven off in their decorated car and the jackets and flowers were packed into cars we all headed back home! There people slowly started going to bed and some of us stayed up talking until about 3 when we all went to bed. Such a fun night that no one will forget!
The next day we all slept in late and did an afternoon beach trip. We looked like the definition of "Tacky Tourist" with TONS of chairs, a pop up tent, boogie boards, and people! I'm sure people had a good laugh :) It was perfect beach weather and we all really had a wonderful time. After that we went home and heated up all of the leftover (12 boxes to be exact) of B.J.'s pizza and appetizers and had ourselves a full meal! Then the men and kids took off to see Mr. Aaron's firehouse and get a tour- which some people came back and said they had the time of their life. He definitely gave them the royal treatment which I know everyone was so appreciative of! There were stories after stories that they all shared!! :)
Instead of going to the firehouse, us girls took a trip to a cute frozen yogurt place called Cherry On Top!! :)
Sunday was our day of rest for sure. Another sleep in day and a girl's trip to Starbucks to celebrate Donna, one of Mrs. Aaron's sisters, birthday!
Then we met up with the boys across the street at the hotel who were swimming and all went back to the Aarons for BBQ beef sandwiches. Yum! Some people left that night so more trips to LAX happened and quickly the crowd started dying down and goodbyes were said.
Monday the final family took off and me and the Aarons hung out in their family room and all got pictures from each other and looked through them all. Sadly I had to take off Monday evening but luckily will be back in a week & a half to move down for school!!! :) :) :) Yippee!!
Although I love love love the Aarons and LA, coming back home was equally as great! Chet had grown SO much in the week I was gone! Honestly, so much! He gained at least 1lb and is even longer! O man his he a cutie! That baby has my heart!! Tuesday I had a wisdom tooth taken out (yes, A wisdom tooth- only have one!) and since then Mom, Brooke & Josh have been taking great care of me! I have been healing very well and sleeping a TON! Even while writing this I have kept drifting in and out of sleep!! Ha!
So that has been my last week! I have enjoyed every minute of it and really was so thankful to be able to share this special event with the Aaron family. They are the most gracious hosts and really should get a prize for their hospitality! I could have literally posted hundreds of more pictures, many which are on Facebook if you'd like to take a look :)
Until my next post & with my love from my Mom's comfy bed in Sacramento :)
Paigie

1 comments:
Great job at sharing all of your excitement. I felt like I was there too!
Hugs, B
Post a Comment