As I am trying to balance out the personal anecdotes/opinions with life updates, it is time for a life update! Although I hope to entertain you with an anecdote or two.
I'm a little obsessed about the wedding :) 11 weeks & 5 days! We picked our florist (a different one than we were originally going with. Her name is Allie from These Buds a Blooming and she does great work.
Oh yeah, and I'm graduating college. I keep forgetting that.
On another note...
Jeremy and I met half way and we to Cornonado Island in San Diego for a day getaway last weekend! We had so much fun! Even though a few misfortunate things happened, we still managed to keep a smile and had a BLAST together!! (and I got an odd sunburn on the left side of my body, armpit included. Odd!)
The misfortunes:
1. I got pooped on. By a bird. A monster bird. Jeremy thought it could be one of those birds in Avitar that they ride. I agreed. Although it wasn't blue poop... it as green.
Reenactment:
Jeremy also freaking out... attempting to clean it out with his towel:
2. Jeremy sliced his toe. Hospital avoided. (It actually wasn't that bad)
3. We were so excited about getting some appetizers at Chilis and watching the end of "the game"... (obviously the WE part went for the appetizers, not "the game" since I don't even know what game I watched) ... and we got routed to the San Diego airport. Thanks GPS! Not. (Another Chilis was found, be assured)
4. LONG misfortunate story short.
- I lost Jeremy's phone at Target.
- Someone then stole the lost phone.
- A Target security guy named Bob on his segway came to rescue. And was SERIOUS about this mission. And provided us with unintentional comical relief!
- After what I'd boast as a "convicting text message" to the thief had been sent, there was a reply and a half-admitting of the act.
- The thief felt guilty and returned the phone in person (we did not openly convict her. We actually paid her. But that's another long story).
- 4-5 hours at Target later, we left.
Now I try to keep mushy gushy stuff out of the blog in hope to keep things gender friendly, even though I am well aware 94.5% of my readership are women and a few exceptions (hi Michael!), but I must boast for a moment.
i. love. jeremy.
And good thing, right? I'm marrying the guy! But it's so nice to not have this looming feeling of obligation over me. I'm STOKED to marry him and continue life together. And I find such joy in our time together.
:)
Today I created a bucket list, as is the common practice of many people aware they're going to die and want to feel accomplished in doing so. Mine is LAME! I even asked people at work what theirs is to get inspiration and I realized I don't even care what I do before I die.
I mean, I kinda care. But my six things comprised of traveling with Jeremy to different locations. And I threw in scuba diving out of obligation to have something "adventurous" since Sky Diving is way too risky and tattoos are too permanent. But honestly, I don't even care if I scuba dive!
And I'm so happy I want to "kick" the bucket list. I would be happy with life pausing for a while (come 11 weeks and 5 days, of course). My whole life I've been on fast forward with all of these needs to accomplish... something. And now, and finally ready to slow down and LIVE.
Other highlights to make note of:
1. My beautiful freshman roommate Becca was on APU's Homecoming court!!! Loved seeing her out there and cheering her on! Elli is on the right.
2. I had a fun girls night out with friends this last Friday! It was much needed & much appreciated! Abby (on the left) is making our invitations and doing a FABULOUS job!!! I saw them last night, and just fell in love with them!
3. I had a birthday. And it was AWESOME!!! Some wonderful friends and I went out to dinner and celebrated :)
Beautiful Megan and Elli.
With love from Chapel Programs at APU,
Paige
2 comments:
Fun as always to see your blog. Didn't know about the phone deal. Glad you got it back....
See you the end of the month.
Luv u bunches,
Barbie
hilarious blog...ps i know all chilis in sacramento and san diego..next time call me! :)
Post a Comment