Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Heart Procrastination

Don't you? Come on, not even a little??



I LOVE it! I love waiting for that feeling of complete panic to set in. For me to have tunnel vision on my computer screen. To be typing at 100 words per minute and frantically pressing the backspace button every 4 seconds since I'm making a million typos! I love the heart racing, may not get it printed in time, may not pass the class if this fails feeling that comes over me when I wait until the very. last. possible. moment. to. complete. a. task!

Now, there is something to be said about getting something done early. To experience liberation, get 8 hours of sleep, and turn it in actually stapled and on time to class. But what's the fun in that?

Procrastination provides STORIES! Horrible, tragic, heroic stories of mere citizens racing across town to Kinkos after Kinkos to bind their Senior Seminar paper. Stories of pink inked papers being turned in when the blue ran out (because of course, they're already out of black). Stories of flat tires, flash drives, and faulty alarm clocks.

Now will I promote this concept to my future children? Never. But will I secretly think it's the most exciting way to live? Always.

So here's to all nighters. Caffeine drinkers. A minus-ers. We're gunna get it done, unshowered, and happy as ever.

Without a doubt we will say, "next time I will start earlier" knowing in our heart of hearts, that's a fat lie.

With love from Starbucks (where I should be reading, but am waiting for more panicked pressure to set in),
Paige

5 comments:

LIZRICE said...

laughing my head off, Paige ~~ you are, seriously, one of the funniest people I know!

NOT from Starbuck's,

LizRicE!

Brooke said...

No!!! I cannot believe we are related when reading this. You are crazy.

Not at Starbucks... not even close. At home watching Blues Clues.

Anonymous said...

My heart is racing as I read this knowing what a panic you are having!! I can see you scurrying around - no shower - most of your hair pulled back with a rubber band around it and the rest just hanging and a Starbucks in your hand. I guess after all of these years in college you will make it through this last semester.Of course you haven't always been planning a wedding either. I SUPPOSE this puts a LITTLE STRESS on you, too.!! You'll make it Paigie.

Love You, Grandma Dean

Kalie said...

This seriously stresses me out even reading this...haha...I agree with Brooke :) And you are crazy.

Unknown said...

If i could like this post i would! I am with you there though FOR SURE! LOVEEE waiting till the last moment :)