2 weeks until I graduate!!
...so why does it feel like 2 years?
This semester has been wonderful but boy oh boy am I ready to be done!! And I will be soon... I tell myself. A LOT has to happen in these next two weeks... finals, moving out, packing for Sacramento/Arizona, finish the wedding details. But there's not too much of any one thing and I'm confident it will all happen and I'll sleep :) Plus I'm getting a lot of help, and I don't feel alone in all of this craziness!
This weekend was full of fun! Mary and I did some wedding favor shopping on Saturday and it was so nice to get those finalized! I had a Thrifty Nifty Winter Formal at my home (The Well) hosted by the 6 of us roommates and it was a blast! We all got ridiculous thrift store outfits and danced/ate food/made snowflakes and hung out with our friends. Here's the roommates and I:
Me, Corinne, Holly, Tiffany, Natalie, Bre (bottom)
My South Africa friends:
The wonderful Megan Goeman who won best dressed of the ladies:
On another note, many of you have asked how my holistic living is going. Remember that whole phase I had about 13 weeks ago?? Well, it's been... well, I mean I've... to summarize generically...
Let's be real.
WHO lives perfectly?! They aren't real. Or they have a personal chef and a lot of self-motivation.
Well, I have neither.
Let's explore this more in depth:
- Physical- How many of you run 4 times a week? Ok, I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to the other 98% of this world that goes in spurts of physical activity. HOLLA! There's only so much a girl can do, right? And why deny myself sweets?? My body craves sweets! It must be natural. Why deny myself something natural?? (I can hear my mother tell me this is how people end up prego... )
- Emotional- So I'm basically a roller coaster. That's ok. I was MADE to cry! I have tear ducts! Justification: upcoming transitions. I'm preparing now for them.
- Intellectual- I'm in college. This part of me must be in use... right?
- Spiritual- The Lord and I have been connecting in my dreams a lot lately. I wish he would explain the falling ones though...
- Interpersonal/Social- I am GOOD in this area! Thriving. As if I was made to talk and hang out. You should be proud of me :)
- Environmental- What was my goal in this? To recycle? Humm...
The synopsis: I've met well under 50% of my goals. Which means I get an F.
But I'm ok with that :) Although I have not achieved some sate of perfection, (guess Scientology is out of question...) I am really happy. I think sometimes when we take the rules away and just live life healthy and balanced it's so much more fulfilling then following a workout schedule or a checklist to perfection.
So join with me and throw them out. Snuggle up and drink hot chocolate late at night, knowing all of those calories are going straight to your hips. And smile :)
Well, those are my random Monday rants! Thank you for tuning in.
Until next time...
With love from chapel programs,
Paige



4 comments:
I think between us we could reach holistic living... You take care of the intellectual / social life, and I'll eat good and workout. Sound fair?
Mom can recycle.
Bahahaha!!!!
My FAVORITE part was Mom's recycling! Laughed out loud.
I like it :)
What did you mean when you said you were packing for Sacramento/Arizona? Luv u, GrandmaDean
Grandma:
I'm going to Sacramento from the 19-29th and then I will fly to Arizona for my good friend Kalie's wedding! Then I'll drive back to LA with friends and be there for my wedding :)
Post a Comment