Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Married Woman

Well friends, it's happened! Jeremy and I are married :) Woo hoo! I can't begin to tell you how happy we are!

The Wedding
In a nutshell, we had the GREATEST time our wedding week and day! We are surrounded by the most supporting and loving families and friends EVER! We honestly could not have asked for a better time.

* Bill and Mary did an amazing job on the rehearsal dinner, and we felt like that could have been our wedding! It was fun to have the family in town meet each other and our wedding party.. and eat an amazing amount of delicious Mexican food!
* The day between the rehearsal and wedding was awesome, as I got to see so much of our family and go on a FUN bachelorette party planned mostly by my new sisters!
* The wedding day went really smooth. All the vendors did what they were supposed to do (yey!) and everyone was on time to everything! I really felt relaxed and able to cherish the day. I can't wait to get the photos from the photographers! We saw a few and looooved them :)



The Honeymoon: Grand Velas resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Ahhhh.... sipping Pina Coladas in the pool... sleeping until whatever time then calling room service for food... jet ski rides along side dolphins... massages by the ocean.... let me just say: it was AMAZING! We took advantage of every opportunity we had to relax and it was SO worth it! We loved not having any cell/internet service so we couldn't be distracted from pure relaxation and time with each other. :)



The El Centro Life
We came home to a little bit of job stress in him catching up, and our house was a disaster for a few days... but the overwhelming amount of peace that I have is the kind that is only from the Lord! As the piles disappear and the job stuff gets conquered, I continue to praise God and thank him for the grace he's showing us! Here are a few highlights/stories for you:

1) We've made some fun meals! Something we love to do together is cook, and he has much more natural talent/risk taking abilities than I do, so we seem to make a good pair (I'll start cooking and he'll come in & spice it up!). Our first meal with had spaghetti and our second we tried out our new wok and gave homemade stir fry a try! It was delicious, and now we definitely know the order to cook things in for next time! :) Last night we grilled teriyaki chicken and I attempted (and almost conquered) Mom's baked potatoes in the oven recipe!

2) I did all my name change/legal work in under THREE hours. Yes folks, I went to the DMV, the Social Security office, and the County Recorder's office, filled out all the paperwork, stood in line, and waited all under THREE hours! In Pasadena, that literally was the time I waited for my number to be called at the DMV! It was such a pleasant experience!

3) Ok... so we don't have any tea. I was holding off buying some because we brought home the tea from our hotel room, and I feel like tea should be free so I refuse to buy it until necessary. Well, I decided to make a cup of my hotel room tea. I got to cup, put the water and tea bag in, and put it in the microwave for 1.20. I walk away and when I look at the microwave there's a FIRE! I say a few choice words, run over to the microwave and pull out my tea bag that has become a candle. (Jeremy was in the shower this whole time) Our house smelled burnt, so I opened up all the windows and doors (that's 3 total) and went to check on the microwave (which was fine). I forgot that at this time, El Centro has a.... particular smell that has developed from the fertilization of the farms. It resembles that of Bakersfield, Turlock, or a porta potty. Well our burnt smelling home then has a burnt POOP smell in it, which I laughed about all day as I went around lighting scented candles.

4) It's 85 degrees here today. I'll take the poop smell, this is awesome.

5) A Lucky grocery store stocker struck up a conversation with me, found out I was new and was SO nice (and not pervy nice, like actually nice!). He literally wanted me to have the best Lucky experience I could have (and told me that). After our conversation where he told me to let him know if there's something I don't see in the store and he'll order it for me, he found me as I was perusing the aisles and had gotten me an add and explained how the weekly sales work. Love it.


All pics are on Facebook, so check them out if you'd like to see the pictures that correlate to the stories (minus the sleepwalking ones... I didn't photograph that :))

I'm so thankful the Lord has given me such a peace and faith about what will happen in our lives and the roads he'll take us down. I can't tell you how nice it is to not be in school and to eliminate the millions of tasks that gave me to do. I truly couldn't be more joyful. :)

With love from El Centro,
Paige Aaron

P.S. I have updated a few of my contact info:
Skype: paigeaaron21
Email: paigeaaron21@gmail.com

:)

6 comments:

Brooke said...

love it.

Jackie said...

So excited for you and the happiness you have found. And it has just begun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you both. You are so fortunate that Jeremy has such a great job, though he will be working a lot. I am anxious to see what you come up with for your job. It must be so fun starting out with all new "stuff" to cook with and etc. Love U, Grandma Dean

Anonymous said...

so excited for you...loved reading your blog.

Barbie

Katherine said...

DIED laughing about jeremy and his sleep walking experience. please continue to blog about these!!!

Mom Aaron said...

I needed a good laugh today! I'm so happy for you two to be together in El Centro! :)