Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Testing

Testing my patience, that is!

You know in Gilmore girls when Taylor puts the first stoplight in Stars Hollow and Lorelai and Rory are leaving on a spontaneous road trip before Lorelai and Luke's wedding and sit. at. the. stop. light. for.evvvvvver????

It's the ridiculous stoplight that doesn't turn green, even in the wee small hours of the morning when the sun is fast asleep. (Sleepless in Seattle reference for you fanatics- aka Mom). They tilt their heads and just stair at this nuisance.


Well, folks, Stars Hollow has met it's match!

El Centro possibly has the LONGEST wait at a stoplight! And what's hilarious is it's the one right by my house. (When I say house I mean apartment, but to me it's the same, k?) (And I don't actually think it's funny, at all.)

Back to my saga...

So daily I sit, head titled at a stop light with very little traffic and try to say something Christian like, "Well isn't this a good exercise in patience!" or "I guess I can take some time to pray!" but really in my heart, hatred is growing for the man who made the timer this horrifically long! I think he perches himself in the Subway parking lot with binoculars and giggles at the faces getting more and more red...

Dr. Evil, I'll call him.

So me and Dr. Evil don't have a good relationship, but I can tell you when I leave El Centro one day I will actually grow fond of that light where I learned to get a little more patience and prayed for a few people, or that's what I'll tell myself at least. (The Positive Re-Writing of Actually Bad Memories will be a rant for later, which is deep seeded with annoyance back to the 2nd grade.)

With love from Wake and 4th Street,
Tilted-Head-Paige

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Mom has taught you well, I LOVE that you feel so guilty about feeling ill-will towards a stop light that you have to pray! LOL! Looooove that we grew up together and I would feel the same way!