I am loving finally having the time to try new recipes and bake!
I secretly want to be one of those famous mini dessert bloggers who comes up with the cutest things! Well, if I'm going to get there by 50 I've got to start now.
Here are my latest creations:
Dessert for Two
So with cooking for two, I've found baking to be a little overwhelming- we want cookies and suddenly we have 24 cookies for one dessert! And we're not at college to be able to constantly give them away!
So, with our latest cookies I've been making the dough then putting them in cookie shapes and freezing them, with wax paper in between. Then I can pull them out of the freezer and cook however many we want for the night!
This also helps portion control for me as it takes some work eat, they're not just in a baggie ready to go!
I may or may not be eating the frozen dough though...
... still working on that one.
Whole Wheat Bread
Well Rosa (the kitchen aid mixer, my love) and I have been going to town. Yesterday I attempted a basic whole wheat bread recipe. I remember going over to the Bogear's house and Jerolyn slicing us delicious bread the butter would melt on! Yummmmm...
Well, this wasn't as delicious. I think it tasted a little too "healthy" if you know what I mean. But I still am enjoying the process of learning!
Letting them sit to rise:
Couldn't think of anything else to get in the picture. Jeremy was working late so my rolling pin was my friend :) Don't mind my stray hair, it's been a new look I'm trying out...


I'm most excited for making:
- my own frosting... all different kinds!
- a 19 layer cake. Yes. Nine. Teen. LAYERS! Each layer is a little thicker than a crape crapes- don't worry. It looked soooo delicious!
- cake pops (as seen at our wedding for those who are confused- balls of cake with icing)
- pies. will someone please eat my pie? they're not jeremy's favorite. and i don't want to be huge.
- bread that doesn't taste so "healthy"
- and about a million other things :)
Rosa
Some of you may notice that Rosa had a race change. We decided the silver would pair well with our accessories and did a switch-er-oo :) Sometimes we call her M.J. now, for obvious reasons, but she's still Rosa in our hearts.
With love from the kitchen in El Centro,
Paige





5 comments:
:) :) :) 2 things...
(1) I made bread this week too and it's a super easy recipe! Way good...I'll post it.
(2) Ryan doesn't like pies either so we should bake and eat them together...and be huge :)
I luv pie!!! Your bread looks wonderful. I like hearing about all of your baking excursions.
Barbie
Such a little baker!! I luv pie, too!! Love your blogs, and you. Just don't forget you have to get in that dress for the big wedding coming up. Grandma
Paige, so glad you remembered the bread. All I remember is that when you were there on baking day. 1/2 of my 2 loaves were gone. For a picky eater, you ate a lot of bread. BTW, try making your wheat bread with 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white. That is what I did. You're right, all wheat just doesn't feel right. Love you, sweetie. ~ Jerolyn
P.S. I'd love to eat your pies, but a wedding is coming up soon. :)
New blog post, new blog post, new blog post!
:)
Post a Comment