Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Palm Trees & Pause

Currently the old guy in the apartment above me is doing jumping jacks. I swear he rose from the dead. We don't hear him for 7 weeks and then bam! He's literally doing jumping jacks. Hammering. Running?

I'd have to say in most cases I'd be a little annoyed by the thud thud thud above me but I'm just happy he's alive.

In other news, I'm thinking of making myself a smoothie. Strawberry banana to be exact. Throw in some yogurt and orange juice and we're golden.

I feel like these are the facts I have to share recently. In college my life was on fast forward. My head was spinning with lists and deadlines and wedding planning and meeting up with friends and work and and and and and and....

Now, the days are a little longer. Choices of things to fill them. I work. I do laundry and dishes. I daydream and dream and pray. I look at my to-do list with literally 5 things on it and wonder how long I'm going to stretch it out. I read only a chapter or two of a book because I don't want it to pass too quickly. I play frisbee in the park with Jeremy.

I used to be scared of this. Scared of slow and boring. But actually, I'm a huge fan. Because instead of slow and boring, I have found peace and tranquility. I have had long, rambling conversations with friends. I have slept. Taken showers. Worked out.

I know life won't be like this for long. It's almost the calm before the storm. Before living in a lively city. Before babies. Before a stressful job.

But for now I'm going to enjoy the sound of the wind in the palm trees behind me and the thud thud thud of an old man above me. It's the little things in life that fast forward misses. And I don't mind being on pause for a while.

With love from sunny El Centro,
Paige

6 comments:

Lauren Belanger said...

I like this entry. It makes me really excited for life after college. Only 1 1/2 more months!

Kalie Dub. said...

mmmm peaceful :)

Anonymous said...

I think you sound very content with life right now. I'm happy for you!

Barbie

Jackie said...

What if the refrigerator has fallen on the guy upstairs and the only thing he can move is his arm and he is hitting the floor hoping someone will come help him?

Laurie J. said...

Ha ha, Jackie! :) You're so funny!!

Liked this post. Im glad you have had a breather after completing your last 3 1/2 years of craziness!

Enjoy today! Love you lots!

mama

Paige said...

Oh Jackie, this isn't just jumping jacks, this is CIRCUIT jumping jacks! He's all over the place.