Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sunrise & Lattes

Yesterday Jeremy mentioned he'd like to get up earlier in the mornings to have some coffee, chill and enjoy the morning a little before he heads off to work. It would help him look forward to getting up and get going for the day.

"That sounds like a great idea!" I replied.

And I was really all for the game plan until it also included me getting up too.

See, although his schedule varies, he's generally up at 6am, sometimes earlier.

I don't know if you heard that...

He's generally up at 6am, sometimes earlier.

And although I usually wake up around 7, I most definitely was not planning on changing that. But when your husband also mentions it would include quality time with you and a chance to focus on the Lord together before the day starts, you'd be a fool to say no.

So this morning he was shaving and getting ready while I was in my giant fluffy fleece robe, sweatpants and slippers (not to forget the sloppy bun I'm still sporting) and got the espresso machine going. One Vanilla Americano and one Iced Sugar Free Hazelnut Soy Latte.

As we sat on our porch (I'm in love with this porch) yawned and talked about college and guitars and the art of manipulation, I realized once again what a good man I'm sitting next to.

See, I'm always "suggesting" ways for us to change... my new "suggestions" include how we can do the dishes this way, drive slower, fold towels nicer, eat more veggies, etc. etc. etc.

And he's always such a good sport, listening to the warning of the phrase, "If momma ain't happy, aint nobody happy!"

(And no, we aren't in Saved by the Bell and he doesn't call me "momma." Yuck.)

And I realized if all we did was listen to me and my fabulous ways to change our lives, we'd be at a loss. We'd be very very clean, orderly, vegetable eating people.

We wouldn't be yawning at 6:30am, on our porch, talking about how beautiful the blue sky is (who knew it wasn't dark at 6:30?!) and pretending the sound of cars driving by are the ocean waves.

I'm so thankful I've got this good man who makes really good suggestions and encourages us to live differently. Intentionally.

With love from Pleasanton, bright and early!
Paige

4 comments:

Kalie Wolfinger said...

can i join too? i want a sugar free vanilla latte...skim milk....

Laurie J. said...

Love this post, and your new format, too! :) I'm such a sucker for photos!

You DO have a wonderful man, and I'm so happy you are having these quiet, enjoyable early mornings together.

Love you both!
Mama

Paige said...

Yes, Kalie you can join :)
It will be like the old times, only we aren't under the tremendous pressure of school and we can actually relax!

Anonymous said...

Such a special time for you two! Lucky couple to have each other!

Barbie

Love your new format too!