HOME
This past week we've been focusing on settling into our home! Every moment we have seems to have been filled with cleaning, organizing, setting up services, etc.It was so, so helpful to have family help us get settled. My family helped clean & get all of our stuff into the house and Jeremy's family flew up to see the house and help deep clean & organize.
We are BLESSED & THANKFUL.
It was great timing for me to have this week off of work. I've been able to relax, cook and continue making our house a home!
I had no idea how much this house would mean to me. I thought it would be like getting a car- fun, exciting and useful- but it really has been meaningful to me. And I love it.
FOOD
Last night was our first date night in the house and I made Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili. It was flavorful, healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Like, actually easy to make.
I made Jeremy a burrito and I ate mine, as you can see, in a bowl.
GOALS
My senior year of high school suddenly it mattered a lot what I ate in relation to how my body looked. I have been figuring out over the past 6 years how it looks for me to be healthy. I have realized it doesn't mean dieting, exercising daily, or anything extreme. Being healthy for me means a balance.
And today I am the same weight I was about 6 years ago as a junior in high school, which has been my goal weight. Yey!
One of the biggest things I've learned is "It's not worth it."
It's not worth feeling sick to have extra sugar.
It's not worth eating milk products and not feeling well.
It's not worth being bloated and overweight to have extra snacks or desserts.
And going with that, I've learned "It IS worth it."
It is worth it to eat real food.
It is worth it to take extra time and cook meals at home.
It is worth having delicious chocolate daily in small portions.
It is worth eating small portions throughout the day because that's what my body is asking for.
Some of the rules I've followed (sometimes not so well) to get me here:
- Don't eat when I'm not hungry
- Don't overeat/stuff myself
- Don't drink soda on weekdays
- Only 1 soda a day on weekends
- No sweets before lunch or after dinner
- Lots of fruits and veggies when possible
- Always have water or tea in my hand
Now to start exercising. I kind of suck at that...
With love from Roseville,
Paige

0 comments:
Post a Comment