Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Favorite: Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach Pasta

I absolutely LOVE this recipe. It's easy, quick, healthy and DELICIOUS! It has replaced spaghetti in our house as a quick "go to." Once you get the hang out it, it feels like a dump, heat and serve meal. Love it. I adapted the recipe from this site.

Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Pasta

These portions serve 2

Ingredients:
- Noodles (whatever you'd like- I usually cook 1/2-3/4 a box of bow tie, spiral or penne)
- Sun-dried tomatoes, about 1/4 cup (I used ones in oil, some use fresh)
- Spinach (1 small/normal bag- it wilts a lot so you can fill a large pan and it will disappear)
- 1 spoonful sour cream
- 1 spoonful Minced garlic
- 3 spoonfuls extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cheese (Parmesan, Parmesan blend or feta)
(The picture shows I also added zucchini but I wouldn't recommend it.. flavors didn't mesh)
(Sometimes I add pesto. Pine nuts would be delicious too!)

Directions:
- First, cook noodles
- Then, Heat EVOO and garlic in a large saucepan
- Add spinach and salt and pepper to saucepan, cook on medium until spinach wilts
- Add sun dried tomatoes to sauce pan
- Once all is hot and cooked, add 3/4 cup of water and sour cream
- Stir and simmer for a couple of minutes until all is hot (Do not let water evaporate)
Assemble:
- Put noodles in the bowls you will eat from
- Then pour on saucepan mixture over noodles
- Stir and add parmesan cheese to taste
- Eat. :)

P.S. I can NOT figure out what I could serve with this if we had guests. Salad seems too similar... side of veggies seems odd... bread seems too "carby" (but delicious)... I'm trying to avoid meat for health reasons... I'm stumped! Ideas?

With love from Roseville,
Paige

1 comments:

Elli said...

yummy :) we will try it. Maybe sweet potatoes (skinned, chopped, olive oil+salt, baked at 400) or some crackers. :)