Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Day 3 with Evie!!!






Hi family and friends!!


Today was a busy, busy day for us! Evie got cleared to come home so at 3 I came over and relieved Mom. It took us a while to get cleared, finish packing up stuff, feed Evie.. etc. etc. Josh had went earlier and gotten the car seat professionally installed because it seemed loose and so he took Evie and made sure she was securely fastened. Brooke and I were walked out by a nurse and off we went!

We stopped by Raleys to get her perscriptions and some fresh fruit/veggies. Then the FOUR of us came home! I got to video Evie's first time in her new home :) OF COURSE we went through the garage first and she got to officially sit in the Bus Josh has so amazingly put together! Then we went inside and unpaked and got all settled. At about 5 Evie was ready for food so that started our whole routine again with pumping/feeding/taking pictures.

Brooke was really tired this afternoon. Hopefully she's already gone to bed for a good night's sleep. Mom came for the wooonderful dinner Mary Ellen made and was staying for the night. I'm going to be back there at 8 tomorrow morning so mom can come home to work.

I know all of you may laugh who have had a newborn around.. but MAN are they work! Ha. I guess I didn't realize the extent of everything!


I am so in love with this baby. Like... you have no idea! Especially since I have learned her temperment, what she likes (basically being snuggled and hearing Josh's voice), how to change her the fastest without getting a cry, her few expressions, her little chubby cheeks...


I don't want to go back to school! I would stay here forever just taking care of her. Buuut I guess that's Brooke's job and one day I can do that for myself :)


Alright.. I am SO tired! I'll hopefully update tomorrow after Day 4!!! :)

-Auntie Paige

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Thanks so much for all of your help with Evie. You're an amazing sister, I don't know how we would've gotten through those first few days without you and mom... with my healing and Josh being a day behind on sleep, you guys made stuff so much easier on us!

Thanks for building the confidence of this new mommy!