So it's Saturday afternoon and I just finished compiling all of my syllabi from my classes and am hit with the reality of the amount of work I'm going to be doing!
I switched my Exodus/Deuteronomy class because it wasn't going to teach or challenge me enough and now I'm in one that's like bible bootcamp! Eek! I guess that's what I wanted!!!
My roommate has been so wonderful to be with. Having her here really makes the school feel even more like home. Today was the first day we did laundry.. and the first time I've used quarter machines to do laundry. It took FOREVER! But now I've got fresh clothes to put on =)
Last night Becca (my roommate), Megan and I went out in celebration of finishing our first week in college! We were about to go on the 210 freeway, missed the exit, and while going over the overpass to turn around saw every car STOPPED as far as the eye could see. Thank the LORD we did not get into that mess! I guess we can no longer abide by the "Oh it's seven, traffic's probably cleard" mentality! Instead we ended up going to BJ's Brewery and having a faaaaantastic meal, and of course, pazuki (sp?) ice cream & cookie dessert. YUMM!!!
Ok, now I have to go actually START this work I so carefully organized.
Love you bunches!
3 comments:
Sounds like a great time!
Yes, the traffic down there is TERRIBLE :-0 Good thing you don't have to drive to your classes
Pazookie!!!!! Yay!! we love them!
I know EXACTLY where that BJ's is, as we enjoyed many a fine meal there, after an APU Women's B-Ball victory, during their 04-05 season! Good times, right there!
Love your blogspot, Page, I'll be checking it regularly, and sometimes even commenting!
Enjoy "week 2, of 15", okee-dokee!
Liz
Wow! That's a good meal. You're a college student. The first thing a good college should teach you is that you're supposed to be starving and subsisting on like, Top Ramen and hot dogs!
Just teasing. Glad you're getting into the mix of college well. Miss ya.
Post a Comment