Monday, April 21, 2008

Almost home!






Hello:)

School's going great! I'm really, really enjoying these last two weeks I have here with the amazing people I'm surrounded by :) I'm excited to be home... especially to see EVIE!!!! Brooke sent me a few more videos and she's just jabbering away :) I love it!

This weekend was so much FUN! Friday I went to the beach all afternoon to night. It was really cold so there was no sunbathing! The bonfire was really fun and I got to know a different group of friends a lot better than I had known them and had a blast!

Saturday was a lazy/homework day. I woke up at 12, had lunch and did some homework. Jake and I got to go to dinner that night to Chipotle and catch up which was awesome. Then that night I went SALSA dancing with that fun group from the night before!!! We had SO much fun! We went to the lessons before hand and then when the party started we were able to dance with the guys we brought or from different ones that are there (and actually know how to salsa dance!) All to say, FUN FUN FUN!!! The pictures of the salsa dancing I am wearing the black dress and the red dress. Same event! My friend Kalie and I switched because she was sick of having to pull up the strapless and I was sick on my high heels!

Sunday morning I was on little sleep but really wanted to go to church to hear a great pastor, Francis Chan, speak. He is at a church called Cornerstone Church and I LOVED it! That afternoon I took a much needed nap and then went to a night service at Calvary Chapel with my friends Micah and Kalie, who goes to a Calvary at home. That service was very traditional and the speaker, Chuck Smith, talked for over an hour!! Ha... I was pretty bored but it was nice being back in a traditional setting for a change.

I am very excited because I got a job position at the Undergraduate Registrar's Office here on campus which is a great job! I will be coming back mid August to start on August 18th! Soo exciting :)

I also got my housing assignment!!! I am living with three grrreat girls, Kalie, Elli and Holly, in appartments across the street called Crestview. We got a great apartment and have some guy friends upstairs... so we will be able to control the noise level with a "quiet!" text :) We also have friends all around us in the appartments which will be SO much fun :)

Have a grrreat week!
Paige

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Paige is almost home!

Do you realize Chuck Smith is pretty much a legend? He started Calvary Chapel in the 70's. So funny you thought he was boring! :-)

The photos were great! Can't wait till you're tucked in your bed upstairs! :-) Love you! Mom

Brooke said...

Come home paigie, come home!

Come home paigie, come home!


Can I tell you honestly that one of the reasons I'm so excited about you coming home is to borrow all of your clothes?! Dang girl, every picture another cute outfit! Seriously!

Evie misses you.

And boo you having to go back Aug. 18. Mom said it was just one week early, but 2? you are eating up our summer together! Aahhh!

Anonymous said...

hhhey!!
i'm going to see francis chan on friday night at bayside:))

i'm in class right now ....boo...and i was looking through my online favorites and saw your blog and decided to check in!!

ps, the girl sitting next me to in my history class earlier this morning has the same phone as you and then when i left on my break the car in front of me was just like yours:))

apparently you're on my mind a lot today

Anonymous said...

Francis Chan is great. He speaks at Bayside sometimes. Can't wait for you to come home. Pleeze fit me into your schedule somehow too. Of course, Evie must be ready to go for ice cream with us, huh?

Love, Barbie