
Oh to be in Africa..
A few times a week there are gym runs for the people who want to go. Today I thought, "Why not?! Easy way to avoid homework and not get fat!" so I got dressed and headed out with 6 other girls, including our leader Kelli. We went to the gym, got signed in, and headed to Step Aerobics. I have done step once or twice before... but Liz was my instructor and so she definitely kept an eye out for me and didn't make things too complicated. The room was PACKED! And everyone quickly took the spots marked out on the floor and guess what was left?!? FRONT & CENTER!!!!
So I ask a few people if they want to switch and no answer. Grrreat. And luckily I'm semi-coordinated because this was an advance step class. I actually did pretty well until the end where she basically stopped teaching the steps- and everyone was grapevining in circles, on top of and around their step and i literally just stood there until I could pick the sequence back up at the beginning. BUT I'm clearly a foreigner, front and center, and should not have been in advance step.. or at least in the back with the rest of the girls!
That's my story. And seriously the woman behind me was wearing an '80s leotard & leggings. So funny!
____
Part 2:

About 2 weeks ago someone decided to start "The curse of the elephant". In our hang out room there's a carved wooden elephant that has been passed around each day to a new person with a curse on it. It started off as having to bawk like a chicken when someone said CJ's name. Amanda had to mark her face every time she walked through a door with a pen so she had tallies all on her cheeks. Katrina had to walk on a ladder everywhere she went- picking it up, walking on it, and picking it up again.... At Shaka Land both Lauren and Ashleigh were tied together with a string... ALL day (so funny!). Megan Goeman couldn't sit all day so she had to kneel or lay or squat... and so on. This evening I came back from DGroup and found that elephant on my desk, screamed and nearly gave my roommate a heart attack!! My curse:
"Tomorrow you may not use utensils, or your hand to eat anything... have fun face first! Love, Katrina"
Luckily I eat cereal for breakfast... wait.... ha! oh it will be a messy day! All in love :) Can't wait to pass the curse on!
7 comments:
Ha... I would love to be in the same room when Liz Rice reads this blog! Way to go Paige for sticking with the class. Question? Will you be returning?
How fun. Need pics from tomorrow's curse. And, about the aerobics, is there something wrong with 80s attire?
the curse thing is such a great idea. LOVE IT! have fun! :D can't wait to hear about how it goes!
Ha! Ok so I WILL be returning. I think you meant when? I will be back May 7th in LA then the next week in Sacramento some time :)
And nothing's WRONG with '80s... did you get that impression?? ;)
We'll see if pictures are taken. Don't know if I want my curse documented!!! :)
What? You didn't wear your bright neon blue spandex with your pink thong leotard? LOL
At least you had a dance background! Think how much harder it would've been w/o that!
i love the idea of the elephant curse!! so much fun!
Sounds like everyone enjoys being "cursed". I'm glad it is there and not here! Have fun.
Luv u tons,
Barbie
YaY!!! I take it that you upon your return, you will be a "regular" in MY Step classes? Cuz, once you've survived a Step class in another country, there is NOTHING you cannot do, related to "step"...so, again I say YaY!
And, I am sooooo wish I could have gone to that class with you! You are my hero :-)
(and to Rach: really, it would have been very boring to be in the same room as I, just now..ahah)!
Love
Liz
Post a Comment