Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Update

Hello! I made a little video :) So here you go!



In addition to that here's some more news:
Classes here are really low key. The professors teach as much as American professors but the work load- probably just with this study abroad program- has been light. And praise the Lord because I we have so many community outreach things we can do that we wouldn't be able to do if we had huge papers. I am learning a lot in my Life & Teachings of Jesus class and enjoying that a lot. Not really liking my art class anymore because we stopped doing art and now are just learning theory. For 4 hours at a time. BORE. So that's kinda a bummer but we have 2 more weeks, finals, and I'm done!! Trying to keep that perspective!

Here's a layout of this week's plans
Monday: had classes from 8:30a-6:00p, tea, dinner, out with friends to a restaurant, stay up late with two girlfriends, and email throughout the day.
Tuesday (today): skype conference call with dad, mom, brooke, josh, jeremy, and brennan. short discussion class from 8:30-9, talk with Jeremy, read, make videos, email people back, lunch, try to work on homework but fell asleep, sleep, dinner, "speed friendship" for an hour, check email because EVERYONE is online and i am about to go to bed, talk to Jesus, sleep.
Wed: My one day of NO class! Sleep in, skip breakfast? get ready, tea time, possible trip to the preschool or to the hospital, gym run, work on homework like a mad woman, discipleship group at a local missionaries' house, and go to bed :)
Thurs: Skype people, breakfast, class until 4:30, (art and life and teachings of jesus), tea, dinner, hang, homework, discipleship group.
Friday: 830am Chapel! (on chapel team so I help run them), visit a service site we could work at in a few weeks when we start Community Engagement (classes end and basically we have a full time volunteer job in the community), lunch, life and teachings of jesus 2-4, tea, email, dinner, probably go to the mall (which has a movie theater, grocery store, etc. etc.)
Saturday: 7am Go to Durban (40 min) with my art class to go to a huge museum. Trying to remember that I am thankful for that opportunity..... then stay there until the SHARKS RUGBY GAME!!!! Highlight of my week for sure.
Sunday: 730 church, lunch, our leader talked with her masseuse (sp?) and got her and a few people to come from 1-5 for anyone who wanted to get manicures, pedicures, hair cuts or massages. DEFINITELY getting a massage!!!!!! it's $22 for an hour massage (with US money).

And that's a typical week :) Packed... but fun. Keeps time flying by!!
With love from South Africa,
Paige

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed all the pictures on facebook. I'm so glad all is well. I will talk to you later this week.

Luv ya,
Barbie

Laurie J. said...

It was great seeing your video today! :) Sorry I missed a couple of your texts and the opportunity to Skype! :( I was running all day in meetings, my phone on silent, away from computer. Hope you have a great night's sleep.
love you!
mom

Brooke said...

Surprise, mom missed your texts. At least she acknowledged that she got them! LOL

11 weeks? Really?! That's not that far at all! Yay! I think I'm even more excited because the sooner you come home the sooner that Chet is here! Hee hee!

Love you and miss you sister!