Thursday, January 15, 2009

Almost off...

to South Africa! I'll be on a plane in less than a week! I'm really ready to go. Although it's hard to leave people here I know I'm coming back in 15 weeks so it's exciting for me to go.. then to come back :) I've had SUCH a lazy week!! It's been good though. I've slept in, went for a run (both times Bryan Clay was on the track.. the gold medalist in the decathlon who went to APU) done some little projects I've got going on, read my History of South Africa, hung out with friends, been on Facebook a little too much, and done things like that :)

It's been a hard time too because I have had a ton of time to think and examine my relationship with the Lord, my relationship with others, etc. and realized that there's some work to be done. I am so grateful for my experience in South Africa coming up because I think working along side people who live 3rd world lives and survive by faith alone will be more than inspiring and give me a reality of who God is- outside of my bubble.

Those are my thoughts :) Have a lovely day!
Paige

2 comments:

the sniders said...

so excited for you! and i'm way excited to see and hear what God is going to do in and through you while in South Africa and beyond. :D will be praying for you! love you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! OK, I'm panicking for you. When I read your words "less than a week away" I panicked. What if we don't let you go? I'm so glad you are excited and we are excited for you. What an experience! Always in our prayers -- Emery and Jackie