Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"Ready or not..."

"...here I go!"

I feel like I'm playing a game of hide-and-seek where I don't really have the best hiding spot. I'm pretty nervous. I'm anxious. I love the "game" or experience I'm about to have but the process is freaking me out!

Today was such a great day. I got to go to the beach with some friends (Yes- 75 degrees here in sunny LA) and then Jeremy and I went from there to another beach to eat at Rubys on the pier and then he made a bonfire and we hung out there and talked for a long while. It was such a great day and it made it so hard for me to realize that I am going to have to miss out on moments like this for the next 15 weeks. It's hard to keep a different perspective when I get bummed out about leaving him. And this is not to say I'm not looking forward to Africa.. I SO am looking forward to it! I know it will fly by, soon be a memory, be amazing... but right now I am aware that it's also going to be a rough transition for the time being. So, I'm a little sad. And I'm not ready for it to be here... but like pulling off a band-aid I'd rather just have it done with than keep anticipating it!!

So that's how I currently feel. Tomorrow I have an orientation from 8:30a-5:30p (bummer i have to miss Obama's inauguration live!) for South Africa which I'm SURE will get me pumped up. Then am going to go out to dinner with some friends, finish up a present I'm giving Jeremy for while I'm gone, and probably buy a few last minute things. Wednesday I have to be at the trolly stop at 4:30 and there's some ceremony which will probably make me cry (in the emotional state I am in!) and then we take off about 5pm for our red eye flight to new york.

My prayer requests:
Please pray for peace in this process. Pray I can keep a healthy perspective on things and not become overwhelmed with leaving Jeremy and lose sight of the tasks at hand.
Also, please pray for my eyes to be opened to opportunities to share the love of Jesus to people in & not in my group.
And please pray in general that this process is stress free... as it can be a bit overwhelming to double and triple check i haeve everything for the next 4 months!!

Thanks:)

WIth love,
Paige

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, we lift Paige up to you for your glory. Give her peace as she leaves family, Jeremy, friends, and country behind. May her love for you and her desires to serve you replace her nervousness with excitement. May you give her clarity of mind as she makes her final preparations. May she feel, in support, all the love that goes with her. May God be the glory!

Brooke said...

Amen, Jackie!!

Miss you already, Paigeee :)