

Hello blog people!
Yesterday morning I had my Art final which went GREAT! Positive I got an A in that class. Annnd I got a 98% on my 12 page paper so if I do well on the final I will have an A in that class too :) I was on little sleep yesterday so I was pretty tired all day. Buuut the reason I was on little sleep was because Jeremy and I got to talk for a while so it was SO WORTH IT! :) Yesterday after my Art final a group of us went to Durban to the beach. My friend Megan and I got our hair braided by some women from Congo and Zimbabwe living in SA because of the wars in their home countries. It was by far one of the most interesting experiences here being in a complete rural setting. Because my hair is soft and they didn't have ties (because black women don't need hair ties when they get their hair braided!) some of mine came loose but hopefully I'll get some ties soon so I can keep them in.
RIght now I'm sitting in a 2 day lecture on Community Engagement. Yes- 2 days. But our speaker is so passionate it's entertaining. They flew him in from Kenya for a month to teach us. We are very lucky to have him- as he speaks all over Africa. He will be coming to our service sites with us to help us along. Some thing shave been hard for me to appreciate here. Places we go, sites we see, speakers we hear. But I am trying to be open minded as much as I can.
That's about it for now! Not much going on. I'm pretty tired today. Sad it's a beautiful day and we're indoors! We don't get many sunny days here. It's been a surprisingly rainy season.
With love from Africa,
Paige
_______
3 hours later. OK I'm not pretending anymore. This is a 9 hour class. NINE HOURS! And tomorrow- 9 more hours. And Monday... you can guess it! Oh my goodness we are all going insane. Halucinaitons about monkeys coming in and declaring war on us. Literally having a petition going around the room if you would fight against the monkeys and you have to sign with your war name. And it's not our speaker's fault... he was given a 9 hour slot on one of our only sunny days.
Ok, that's my rant. Kinda going crazy. Wish the internet worked properly in my spot!!!!
4 comments:
Hi, baby! I want to see your hair! :-) And great job on your classes!
Love you much!
mom
Memories..... (I'm singing and thinking of Jamaica.) Great job on your classes. Love ya, J
ok...love the monkey war petition/war name thing. too funny! i, too, am thinking of jamaica. actually, i was more thinking of the masive afro you had after you took the braids out. haha. so good to talk to you yesterday. LOVE YOU!
~L
so good to talk to you today. Love the braids.
Me, B
Post a Comment