


Since I was a baby my sister has taken care of me. She is beyond thoughtful and so sensitive to the things that are important to me. As a baby she would always pick me up and spin me around until I screamed and my mom made her put me down. We played Barbies together, giggled at night until we got in trouble, were SO giddy on Christmas mornings together (and even are now still!), wouldn’t let Mom and Dad go to bed and do skits for them and keep them awake together, advocated for each other’s rights…

I remember so many occasions where she was so thoughtful towards me! When I was little I was TERRIFED of dogs and I would climb her whenever I saw one and she would always protect me. In junior high and high school when posters and balloons were the coolest thing to get on your birthday she would come early and put them EVERYWHERE and I always had the most of anyone! Then in high school when Valentines Day was slightly depressing I would get a wonderful display of balloons and flowers :) When I was going through some hard times last year she would send me CDs to listen to and encouraging things to make me happy. Even here in Africa she sends me videos of Evie because she knows how much I love them!

I have always looked up to her. I used to sneak into her room and read her journals to know exactly what she thought of the latest boy. To my dismay she would write in code names. I would take a paper that she wrote on and copy the handwriting because it was PERFECT in my eyes! You may have noticed that since today we have the same handwriting… and we both color code things in the same way!! I take her advice. I have always wanted to name my kids any name that she picked out. And her opinion is held in the highest esteem.
And the reason I look up to her, take her advice and practically live a carbon copy of her life is because I really do admire her SO much! She is a lot more independent than I am, as many oldest siblings are. She has paved the way in choosing schools, playing sports and doing cheer, getting married, having kids, and the list goes on. She is HILARIOUS! We are always laughing when we are together and most of the time no one else knows what is going on. (Poor Josh!) She is a leader and a planner. She is more efficient than I’ll ever be. She has a genuine relationship with the Lord. She loves and takes care of Evie (and soon Chet!) in the most sacrificial way. She has always put me first and to that I am entirely grateful. She always encourages me to stick with goals and dreams I have. She uplifts me and pushes me to be a better person.

I could go on and on… but that’s a snipit of my wonderful sister! Brookie, I love you! Happy birthday!!! :) Wish I could be with you! First time in 20 year we are apart for this event! Let’s not make that happen again! :)
6 comments:
Awww, I love you too sissy. Thanks for the birthday tribute :D
What a great tribute to your sister Paige! It shows what wonderful women you two have become and I still can't believe my little brother did this. You know, he used to bite me and drive me crazy. And now he has these two wonderful daugters that he was a part of raising. I'm so proud of both of you! Love Jackie
awwww love the tribute, Paige. So sweet.
so sweet, paige. this was awesome. there were some pictures i had never seen before. :D i smiled when i saw the swimming pool one...she was always so good at covering you up. haha.
Way to go Paige! Great tribute.
Barbie
lThis totally made me cry, because it's very true. You are both SOOOO awesome!!! I'm so happy to be your mom!
Post a Comment