Philippians 4:6-8, 9b
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hears & your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.
9b ...and the God of Peace will be with you.
Confession:
I've failed miserably at becoming a Christ-like woman since... well, a long time.
I have not pursued the Lord on my own.
You know, like, opening my Bible outside of church to see what's inside? To hear from the Lord?
I have worked on becoming a better person, but not a woman of Christ. And those two look deceivingly similar- but one is empty, full of thinking good thoughts and becoming a good person... and the other is full, lathered with joy from Jesus and peace in all circumstances.
After a week of anxious dreams, months of fighting unwarranted bitterness & anger bubbling inside, and a few days of intense frustration, I desperately needed my Bible like a glass of water on a hot day. There was nothing else that could possibly fill that void.
First, I had to find my Bible. And once it was in my hands I read multiple passages regarding anxiety/anxious/anxiousness. This one from Philippians hit home.
Hopeful it will be a drink of water on a hot day for you too.
Philippians 4:6-8, 9b
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the PEACE of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hears & your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.
9b ...and the God of Peace will be with you.
So here's to a new year full of pursuing the Lord on our own and becoming more like him. Not just a thinner, stronger version of ourselves. Although that's not too bad either ;)
With love from Sacramento,
Paige
1 comments:
Within 24 hrs of Lindsay & Randy losing their babies, God gave me Phil 4:6&7 as a promise straight from His heart to mine. I've clung to it, and verse 8 as well. rather than a glass of water, for me it was a life saver tossed to me, as I was drowing in grief.
I love His word. I love Him.
and you as well, Paige!
Post a Comment