(It's a thick soup- pictured above it doesn't look like soup)
It tastes a lot like this soup below, which happens to be my favorite!
Here's a link to the original recipe, but I thought I'd show my version since I made some modifications and the website has a million pop up ads that are annoying!
Ingredients
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound hot sausage (unless you don't like spicy, then other saussage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole spice mix (I used Creole and it turned out great!)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- some parsley chopped to taste
- sprinkle ground cayenne red pepper to taste, if you like spice!
- 1 3/4 cup long-grain rice (I used brown long-grain rice)
Directions
- Chop up chicken into large bite sized pieces.
- Combine chicken, onion, green & red peppers, celery, tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth and all spices (minus the parsley) in a large (5-quart) slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Slice sausage into bite size slices (mine were about 1/4 inch thick) and fry on the stove. Or you can grill it then slice them into pieces. Put aside in fridge.
- After 5 hours, add in the rice, sausage and parsley and turn to high for as long as it says to cook the rice.
- Serve with crackers, or whatever you like. :)
With love from Sacramento,
Paige


0 comments:
Post a Comment