Many of you know, I have a very picky stomach. I am effected by stress, nerves, citrus, sugar, fiber, parasites... you name it.
When we moved to Pleasanton I woke up one morning and I was sick of it. I was sick of being sick. Of feeling nauseous after eating what other people consider "normal." I was ready to be healthy and feel good, no matter what that sacrifice looked like.
So, I started eating multiple times throughout the day so I wasn't overloading my system 3 times a day. I started eating smaller portions- SO difficult for me. I stopped ordering sugar drinks and only would take sips of Jeremy's. I packed my suitcase a few days before we left for a trip so I didn't stay up late and upset my stomach. The list goes on...
Since summer I've felt the best I've ever felt. I feel like I have a normal working body for the first time.
Finally I have a eating lifestyle that I feel GOOD about.
So here are some new life resolutions I have to be the healthiest version of myself. Some of them started in the Fall, and some I am just now getting into practice.
I think it's important to recognize what FEAR has kept me from making this a practice already in my life and what TRUTH do I need to adapt to make this happen.
- No sweets/fatty foods after dinner.
Goal: Reduce feeling overly full/sick.
Fear keeping me from this: Missing out. No longer following my craving.
Truth I need to adapt to make this happen: You'll be fine. And feel better. It's worth it.
- Exercise at least 3 times a week. Cardio minimum of 30 minutes, weights/resistance for arms and abs, fitness classes, racquetball... whatever it takes.
Goal: Toned, energized, stronger.
Fear: Time management. Procrastination. Don't want to be too muscular in my arms (trust me, it can happen).
Truth: To be healthy this is a must. Non-negotiable. And only you notice your arms- get over it.
- Stretch EVERY day.
Goal: Flexibility and healthy muscles.
Fear: Time management. Procrastination.
Truth: You make time to write this blog and do countless other unimportant things, you can make time to stretch. 15 minutes a day isn't that much.
- Nightly devotions/prayer with Jeremy before bed. Note: this would be a good time to do daily stretches while we talk.
Goal: Get to know God and each other better.
Fear: Too much I want to know- where to start first. Not having a good enough/in depth study.
Truth: Gotta start somewhere. No study will be perfect. P.S. neither will you.
- Buy less canned food and more fresh food.
Goal: Eat delicious food.
Fear: Things going to waste. Learning how to prepare new foods.
Truth: Think ahead more. Freeze it if you're not going to eat it. And throwing things out isn't the end of the world. Not ideal. Not a big deal.
- Grill more.
Goal: Eat delicious food. Branch out.
Fear: I don't really know how to. What if I suck?
Truth: You'll learn. It's not rocket science. And fresh grilled food tastes sooooo gooooooooooddddddd! P.S. your husband and about everyone else on the planet knows how to. Ask them. Or Google.
- Choose JOY.
Goal: Live a life full of the spirit of the Lord.
Fear: Those moments when it feels GOOD to choose hate and the last thing I want to do is be mature.
Truth: So not worth it.
There's some more I won't dive into. Don't fake tan EVER, don't over tan/burn, don't lose more weight, don't take unnecessary medications... I'll spare you any more details ;)
With love from Sacramento,
Paige
3 comments:
That is quite a list. But you need to add one more -- I won't be hard on myself if I should fail on some of these. They are a goal and if you include God in each one, you will have a greater chance of success. Good luck and I will pray for success! Love Jackie
Oh don't you worry Jackie, I am NEVER hard on myself! Hahaha a reason why I have to make goals or else I'll allow myself to just do what sounds fun :) Thanks for that though. It's nice to remember a balance!
I would love to have too much muscle anywhere on my body and especially my arms!!
Barbie
Post a Comment