Jeremy had mentioned he wanted to throw out some of his old undershirts so I figured they were fair game for me to cut up for my idea. Don't judge the pits.
1. I cut off the sleeves
2. I made two cuts from the neck line to the shoulders, cutting it open.
3. I pinned up the side and jumped inside and adjusted the pins to fit me best.
(Yes, that is Pride & Prejudice on the TV)
5. I took it off and sewed the sides along the edge.
6. I had an extra awkward little flap that I pinned and sewed a triangle so it stayed down
7. I took it off and hemmed the top where I wanted.
(Not pictured below)
And TA DA you have a boyfriend slip. Get it? Cuz it's a slip made out of your boyfriend's undershirt? Husband slip sounds too boring and so not trendy.
It is a little snug so I have to wiggle it on, especially since I'm not lacking in the booty department. But once it's on it fits nice and snug.
I think it took me 15 minutes. Maybe longer to figure out the pins? Not long.
And now I don't have to pay to buy more slips for the dresses I'm making!
Stay tuned.
With love from Sacramento,
Paige

0 comments:
Post a Comment