Friday, January 20, 2012

Full of Thanks

This week I officially started my new job as an instructional aid at a charter school in Sacramento.

I am so thankful for it. So thankful.

The staff, the parents, the fellow aids, the students... they have gone out of their way to be so welcoming.

I have 3 main jobs at the school:
1) help the kids in K-3 grades who are struggling academically
2) help the kids in 2-6 grades who are ahead in class academically with challenging lessons
3) help the teachers grade, make copies, lunch duty, tying shoes, zipping jackets, etc.

I laugh a little inside every time I say phrases like the ones below, all of which I said today:
"I need you to make good choices right now."
"We need to persevere."
"That's not a nice word. We don't say mean words to each other. Please say 'I'm sorry'"
"I don't care who started it, it needs to stop."
"What do you think it means?"

I'm thankful for work, especially work I enjoy! I'm looking forward to getting my credential (I'm looking into programs) and continuing to teach and be around little ones. I truly enjoy my days around such wonderful kids.

With love from Sacramento,
Paige

0 comments: