Friday, January 30, 2009

Healthy & Happy!

Hi Family & Friends!

I am doing SO much better today! Not feeling up to a run or anything like that- but I have so much more energy and don't feel as nauseated. Woo hoo! I seriously FELT the prayer of you guys. Can't really explain it.. but I knew people were praying for me and I felt so much better. Thanks, God :)

Many of you have been asking me about prayer requests, and so I copied this from an email I sent Elli:

As for prayer:
I really want to be intentional while I'm here. I want to not get caught up in the wrong things but have Jesus eyes.. today in chapel (which Alex played guitar and Lucia sang :)) we sang

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdom God
As I walk from earth into eternity."
("Hosanna" by Hillsong)

and I think that's my ultimate prayer. I don't want to come out of this wishing I had stopped and hugged an AIDS patient, or held their hand and prayed healing upon them. Loving someone doesn't give you AIDS. I don't want to be scared and miss out on opportunities to be Jesus to someone. So that is my ultimate prayer. I would also pray that I can remain healthy so I don't have to miss out or get behind. I wasn't able to go to my first Life & Teachings class and it bummed me out. I want to get as much out of this experience as possible!!


So those are my prayers right now. Thank you guys for your continual love and support! Oh, and for those of you who were going to send packages/letters here's the address. You must send packages through DHL, as they are the only ones who deliver to South Africa! Please don't send money or anything very valuable, as I would hate for the package to get lost and so does your valuable stuff!

Paige Jennings
African Enterprise Center
1 Nonsuch Road
Chase Valle
Pietermaritzburg 3201
3200 KZN
South Africa

Expect 2 weeks for it to get here!! Love you all :) I have a Life & Teachings class at 2p then going to the mall with the group then dinner and hanging out :) I have a presentation on Tuesday in L&T of on controversies over the virgin birth of Jesus so I have to prepare that this weekend. This Saturday we are going to a Birds of Prey Sanctuary and then getting a tour of the town, Pietermaritzburg.

Let me know if I'm forgetting to update on things you would like to know!
With love from Africa,
Paige

5 comments:

Laurie J. said...

Glad you are feeling better! Weren't Brooke's videos fun?? We had a great time making them, imagining you watching them. :-)
Jealous of your Life and Teachings class! Hope you feel great and have a wonderful weekend, sweetheart!
mom

Hales said...

Paige!!! Let me just say I am so stoked about what you're going to experience and I can't wait to be there myself in a just a few short months! You will be in my prayers as you're on this amazing journey.
"Hosanna" is such an appropriate song to quote here. I often find myself crying that out to God and then forgetting I ever sang it. So, don't forget :). God will do incredible things through you -- just allow yourself to be used!!!
Love and blessings :D
Hales

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite songs too. I'm so glad you are doing better.

Luv, Barbie

Kalie said...

paige, your prayer is beautiful. im glad to hear your heart. i love you

Kalie said...

paige, your prayer is beautiful. im glad to hear your heart. i love you