I am not going to use this blog as my main spot for uploading pictures, fyi. Most of you who check it have a Facebook account where it is SO much easier to add pictures. So, I will add the occasional ones but this will be more for my thoughts and feelings and happenings in South Africa!! (If you don't have a Facebook you should get one! Grandma Dean has one and she is able to check my stuff!)
I am about to head to bed but wanted to share a little. Today was packed! We had breakfast, chapel with our main leader Reg who IS GRANDPA LARRY! (age, looks, mannerisms, sermons... awesome!), a long orientation, tea, orientation, lunch, went to a huuuge mall down the road and bought toiletries. The malls are pretty different than they are in the US. There are security people at the front of each store. Many banks inside. Grocery Stores. Food court. etc.
I had an mocha iced coffee and Mug & Bean with is the African Starbucks which was actually like a mocha frap! so funny!
Ok, gotta cut this short. I need to go to bed and the last girl in our lounge is about to leave and I'm not going to walk out alone!
Oh, and there are monkeys EVERYWHERE! Definitely more stories to come on those. They're actually not the nice and furry animals they show on Animal Planet! They're thieves I tell you!! Some boys woke up with one in their room about 6 am which got through a window. Talk about freaky!
With love from Africa,
Paige
2 comments:
Wow! Sounds crazy already. Good to hear from you and maybe you can train one of thsoe monkeys. Like he could go to the store for you, maybe get you a mocha bean, who knows. Good luck!
I love monkeys! Just don't let them pick flees out of your hair --that is just something too weird that they do.
Post a Comment