Sunday, February 1, 2009

Alive!

I will post more later but I wanted to let you know that I am feeling so much better and really appreciate everyone's encouragement and prayers. Off to bed! Have a happy Super Bowl Sunday! Pretty bummed I am not able to "celebrate" with people. I think I've entered phase 2 of culture shock today. "Everything is Awful" Lol! Ok, these phase names are a little dramatic. It goes

1) Honeymoon 2) Everything is Awful 3) Everything is OK 4) Reverse Culture Shock- when I come back home.

Basically in the common version of stage 2 the differences from my culture to the new culture get annoying and stand out a lot. I want familiar but it's not here so it gets frustrating. I'm sure it will pass in time :) And this isn't to say I'm not enjoying my experience... just transitioning.

Love,
Paige

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the fact that you have been so sick has not helped you any. Hang in there. We love you lots.

Barbie

the sniders said...

glad you are feeling better - again. :D hope this second phase passes quickly. miss you and love you. LOVE your new header - great pic. :D