I think you all should know how wonderful my mother is :) She is the most patient, the most loving, the softest, the funniest, and the warmest person around. Together with Dad they lead a godly household. She has more self-control than I could ever imagine having. She is thoughtful in her words and actions. She will always be optimistic. She’ll tell you the thing that needs to be said but is not intrusive. If I had to describe her with one image it would be sitting at the kitchen table with her bible and tea in the morning in her pink or blue robe. She is devoted to pursuing the Lord. She is firm in her faith. She can French braid like no other :) She is HILARIOUS and tells a great story. She is devoted to my Daddy. She knows how to make people feel comfortable… even a congregation of people. She is brilliant. And would never tell you that. She would seriously win Jeopardy! She is an encourager. She is a teacher. She will always take time to discuss things with me. She has always respected my opinion. She is dependable. She has lists of people she is praying for on post-its around wherever she sits most. She is always memorizing a verse. She loves roses and trees that have pink & purple flowers. She loves fall and will gasp and the beauty of the trees at sunset. She loves Rollos, Carmelos, and Hot Tamales. She refuses to drink “diet” anything... except for Snapple Peach Ice Tea. She gave me her sense of direction. She claims to not be a huge dog fan but we all know she likes Sadie. When she laughs her hardest she goes silent. She got kicked out of the my doctor's office once ;) She is so sacrificial. The best example around. And I am thankful if I can be a woman and mom just like her :)
Those were the awkward years...

My high school graduation

At Newport Beach while dropping me off for Sophomore year
Summer at the capitol
LOVE YOU MOMMY!
8 comments:
Aww... Paigey! Thank you so much for the sweetest blog ever posted! :-) You're so thoughtful to think of me -- and I think absence may have tinted your rose-colored glasses a little more rosy! I aspire to be all of those things you have ascribed to me, and I'm working on them!!!
Love you so much!
Mom
Paige, I totally agree with you on all points!
i agree, too. :D
You caught your mom perfectly. Words are not easy to capture your mom, but you did it. Thanks for writing what we all see in her.
Amen and Amen, Paigie; You said it perfectly. Happy Birthday Laurie. I hope you had a good day. I Love You just like I Love My daughters.
Other Mother.
Umm... note to sister: If we are doing a huge shout out to mom on our blog, give her other daughter a head's up so that she too, can post a nice blog about her mother! For goodness sake's!
Second, you forgot the ending to this sentence "She loves fall and will gasp and the beauty of the trees at sunset... [and will gasp at an evening sunset while you are driving like you have just run over a handicapped pedestrian and scare you to death].
Third- the pink robe is cemented in my memory. The blue one is but a moment in time- the pink robe was around for a good 20 years.
Fourth- In every picture, mom gets YOUNGER looking. I pray we got her genetics. If only you did, I will not talk to you anymore after age 33. I'm sorry, but that is just how things have to be.
Love you, miss you.
Brooke, I so thought the same thing about the pictures. Just not right.
That would be exactly how I would describe your Mom too. I am not able to put into words how important she is to all of us. She is the best!
Barbie
Post a Comment