Saturday, January 7, 2012

Year One

Jeremy and I have officially been married one year tomorrow! Wooo hoooooo!
In many ways it's flown by, and in other ways it feels like our wedding just happened.

I can hardly believe that living in El Centro, Pasadena, Pleasanton and Sacramento all happened in the year of 2011!

We also vacationed to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for our honeymoon, Minnesota with the Aaron family, and Maui, Hawaii staying with Tiffany and Jon Russo!

I started, worked and ended my own marketing business. Jeremy transitioned companies. I applied for probably 400 jobs over the course of the year. Including one for an inmate. (If you haven't read this story, you have to.)

Despite the many transitions we have encountered, the boxes and bubble wrap that moved us each time- we have truly enjoyed all of the places we've been and lived this year. Yes, even El Centro. It was our home and MAN did they have amazing prices on produce!

Do you know HOW many jalepenos you have to buy to get a POUND? Lots.

We learned a lot together.
How to handle disappointment and how to celebrate.
How to make friends and how to say goodbye to them.
How to prepare for our future and how to live in the moment.
How to live with both families and how to live with each other.
How to transition and how to settle.

It's obvious that when I think of this year I think of change. But I also think of an immense amount of growth we've had personally and in our relationship. Growth is HARD- no exception to that. But it's so good, and produces such strength. It's hard, but it's worth it.

The Lord has been good to us. He has provided us encouragement and support from our wonderful families. I had no idea I could get even MORE wonderful friends and grow closer to the ones I have, but it happened. The Lord is faithful. He answers prayers.

I also had no idea I could fall more in love, but that happened too. I look forward to being surprised by this wonderful realization each year. :)
With love from Sacramento,
Paige

3 comments:

Matthew said...

sooo good. Let's me know what I have to expect.

Brooke said...

Cannot believe all the changes you guys experienced your first year of marriage- craaaazy. So glad to have been there through it all, love you BOTH so much.

Now year one is done. Time for babies! :) J/k... kinda... not really :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you can look back over the year and smile at the good times and appreciate the harder times. Isn't it fun to realize how love can continue to grow and make you appreciate someone so special in your life. I know your future is bright as God is the center of your individual and married lives and he will so bless you. Love you both -- Emery and Jackie