Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man Sandwich

If you haven't heard of this food blog, The Pioneer Woman, you really should check it out :)

She cooks delicious, filling, (sometimes not-so-healthy but oh-so-yummy) meals. And she's a funny writer.

For tonight's dinner I decided to try this steak sandwich. Yum! The meat is very full of flavor.

(Photo Credit: The Pioneer Woman Blog)

Changes I made to her recipe:
- I wouldn't use butter on the onions but some olive oil so it's not so fatty
- Substitute 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion (instead of 1 large one)
- Add 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced to add to the onions
- I did not/would not add 2 tbs butter on Step 4
- Top with pepper jack (or your favorite) cheese

:) Let me know if you make it too and what changes you made!

With love from Sacramento,
Paige

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of meat did you use? Grandma Dean

Paige said...

Hi Grandma! If you click on the blue letters, it is a link that will take you to the recipe I used. I used about 2 pounds of cube steak- and it had a "tenderized" sticker the butcher put on. It was great!